We are pleased and excited to be transporting your child during the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. There are a few changes to bus schedules and stops that you need to be made aware of.
- The buses that pick up and drop off at the Meadows Community will now pick up on SR 245. You are responsible for walking/driving your student to the entrance at Meadow Blvd prior to the bus arrival. If your student is PK, K, or grade 1, you or another adult must be present when dropping off.
- OHP students - Bus 22 will transport from Triad High School to OHP and will leave THS at 7:15am. In the afternoon, Bus 22 will transport your student to their home dropoff address. After Triad starts on 8/20, your student will be picked up by their regular high school bus and brought to the high school to transfer to the OHP bus.
- We ask that your student is ready and waiting for the bus 5 minutes prior to the posted bus arrival time. These posted times are estimated, so please allow extra time the first week of school as student and traffic adjustments are made.
- Due to changes in addresses from year to year, you may find that your stop times have changed or that your student will be riding a different bus.
I have posted the stop times for each bus with a description for the area the bus covers to help you locate your address on the bus schedule. The bus routes are subject to change up until the beginning of school. Please double check your student's pickup time on August 19. If you do not see your address on any of the bus schedules or have other questions, please call the Transportation Department at 937-826-1102.
Please read the below rules to maintain accurate bus pickup and dropoff locations for your child. These rules help us comply with Ohio Transportation Laws.
- All students will be assigned to a regular bus stop closest to their home address.
- Students may be required to walk up to 1/2 mile to a bus stop in towns and cul-de-sacs.
- For children in PK, K, or grade 1, a parent/guardian/childcare provider must be present to receive the child at the bus dropoff location.
- Only one pick up address and one drop off address is allowed. Court ordered shared parenting and childcare will be the only exceptions.
- If you need to make a permanent change to a bus stop location, please submit a written note to the school or follow the below link to submit a form to change your address.
- All bus stop additions and changes need at least 48 hours to process.
- Emergency requests for bus stop changes will only be approved in a family emergency situation. Changes will only be approved if this form is received by noon and the alternative bus stop is already on the route.
- It is the responsibility of the parent, not the school, to solve temporary scheduling problems by arranging rides or supervision with relatives or neighbors.
Click the link below to access the transportation change form.
Link to change your address
NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED BY PHONE THAT THE CHANGE REQUEST HAS BEEN APPROVED.
To provide the safest environment for the students, the following rules apply while waiting for and riding the bus:
A) The school bus driver's authority and/or responsibility to maintain control of the pupils.
(B) The pupil's right to "due process" as provided for by the policies and procedures of the educating agency .
(C) Pupil management and safety instruction policies shall include the following:
(1) Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
(2) Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stops.
(3) Behavior at the school bus stop must not threaten life, limb or property of any individual.
(4) Pupils must go directly to an available or assigned seat so the bus may safely resume motion.
(5) Pupils must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear.
(6) Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
(7) Pupils must not use profane language.
(8) Pupils must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus except as required for medical reasons.
(9) Pupils must not use tobacco on the bus.
(10) Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus except for prescription medication required for a student.
(11) Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
(12) Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps (see paragraph (J) of rule 3301-83-20 of the Administrative Code).
(13) Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
(14) Pupils must not put head or arms out of the bus windows.
(15) Guidelines will be formulated for the use and storage of equipment and other means of assistance required by preschool and special needs children.
(16) Drivers and bus aides must have access to appropriate information about the child to the degree that such information might affect safe transportation and medical well-being. This information must be readily accessible in the transportation office. All such information is strictly confidential.
The transportation office telephone number is 937-826-1102.